- This event has passed.
#STEMorbitsOhio Kickoff (in-person)
09.14.2023 | 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join us on September 14 at the PAST Foundation for the exciting kick-off event of the #STEMorbitsOhio Design Challenge.
- Gain valuable insights into “design thinking,” the mindset driving innovation and problem-solving in the modern world.
- Receive a special printed guidebook for the #STEMorbitsOhio Design Challenge, your best resource for implementing the challenge in your classroom.
- Get answers from expert presenters including:
- Sandy Guinto, STEM Relationship Manager for the Ohio STEM Learning Network
- Mary Schneider, Director of the Central OH STEM Action Center for the PAST Foundation
- Howard Greene, Director of K-12 Outreach for the Ohio State University College of Engineering sharing about Starlab
- Lunch will be provided.
About the #STEMorbitsOhio Design Challenge
Each year, the Ohio STEM Learning Network hosts a design challenge where students collaborate to create a workable solution to key issues facing our world. Any school in Ohio can participate in the challenge. Students will embark on a mission to improve the health and well-being of astronauts aboard Starlab as they orbit the Earth. Participants will develop innovative plans, systems, or products that positively impact the sustainability of astronauts’ physical and mental health during extended space missions.
In addition to the design challenge, students can compete to create a design for a water bottle sticker that represents this year’s #STEMorbitsOhio Design Challenge.Register Now