Innovative Leaders Institute: Reimagined
Reimagined for our 10th year supporting STEM leaders
Since 2013, more than 200 principals and school leaders engaged in the Innovative Leaders Institute! Using the insights, skills, and networks developed through this program they have made major impacts on their schools, staff, students, and community.
As the landscape of STEM education in Ohio has evolved over the past decade, so has the approach to leading schools. We can do more to ground our practices and culture using strategies that engage mind. In response, the Innovative Leaders Institute will be marking its 10th year by incorporating a reimagined approach to its core topics.
Schools supported the Innovative Leaders Institue
- Transformational leadership
- STEM school identity and culture
- Role of school leaders in establishing robust STEM practices schoolwide
- Elements of high-quality STEM education
- Leading for effective implementation of STEM instructional practices
- Creating and leveraging community and business partnerships
- Team of two school leaders (principal/assistant principal and another school leader, instructional coach, curriculum specialist, teacher leaders, etc.)
- Applicants must work in an Ohio school interested in implementing and/or advancing its STEM education
- Neither member of the team has participated in the Innovative Leaders Institute in the past three years
The $2,750.00 program fee (per school team) for the 2023-2024 Innovative Leaders Institute is waived for participants that:
- Attend all program meetings (virtual and in-person)
- In person meeting on June 14 and 15, 2023 in Columbus, Ohio
- Virtual booster call on August 8, 2023
- In person meeting on October 5, 2023
- Virtual meeting on January 11, 2024
- In person meeting on April 10, 2024
- Booster call on May 14, 2024
- Complete all program tasks and activities
The two-day kick-off event (June 14 and 15, 2023) will take place in Columbus, Ohio. The remaining in-person sessions will take place in STEM or STEAM schools across Ohio.
Applications close May 1, 2023. The selected cohort participants will be notified by May 10, 2023.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided for all participants during the in-person workshops.
The 2023-2024 cohort of the Innovative Leaders Institute: Reimagined is limited to 15 schools (30 participants).
Institute participants will have an opportunity to earn college credit.
Submit one application for both members of your team.
Who is this program for?
The Innovative Leaders Institute may be right for you if your school is:
- Looking to expand STEM instructional practices inside multiple classrooms
- Interested in designation as an Ohio STEM/STEAM school
- Already a designated STEM/STEAM school and looking to continue to innovate
Find your partner in change
Leading for transformational change is hard. A partner is key.
After nearly a decade of helping leaders create change, we have learned a strong partner is key. That is why the institute accepts applications from a school team.
Teams should include:
- Principal/assistant principal (or equivalent school or district level position)
- Another leader in the same building (administrator, instructional coach, teacher-leaders, curriculum specialist, etc.)