Innovative Leaders Institute: Reimagined
Reimagined for our 10th year supporting STEM leaders
Since 2013, more than 200 principals and school leaders engaged in the Innovative Leaders Institute! Using the insights, skills, and networks developed through this program they have made major impacts on their schools, staff, students, and community.
As the landscape of STEM education in Ohio has evolved over the past decade, so has the approach to leading schools. We can do more to ground our practices and culture using strategies that engage mind. In response, the Innovative Leaders Institute will be marking its 10th year by incorporating a reimagined approach to its core topics.
Schools supported the Innovative Leaders Institue
- Team of two school leaders (principal/assistant principal and another school leader, instructional coach, curriculum specialist, teacher leaders, etc.)
- Applicants must work in an Ohio school interested in implementing and/or advancing its STEM education
- Neither member of the team has participated in the Innovative Leaders Institute in the past three years
Thanks to Ohio’s generous support of the Ohio STEM Learning Network, the $2,750.00 program fee (per school team) for the 2023-2024 Innovative Leaders Institute is waived.
The program expectations include:
- Attending program meetings (virtual and in-person)
- In person meeting on June 14 and 15, 2023 in Columbus, Ohio
- Virtual booster call on August 8, 2023
- In person meeting on October 5, 2023
- Virtual meeting on January 11, 2024
- In person meeting on April 10, 2024
- Booster call on May 14, 2024
- Completing program tasks and activities
The two-day kick-off event (June 14 and 15, 2023) will take place in Columbus, Ohio. The remaining in-person sessions will take place in STEM or STEAM schools across Ohio.
Applications close May 1, 2023. The selected cohort participants will be notified by May 10, 2023.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided for all participants during the in-person workshops.
The 2023-2024 cohort of the Innovative Leaders Institute: Reimagined is limited to 15 schools (30 participants).
Institute participants will have an opportunity to earn college credit.