Ohio STEM Innovation Summit
May 12, 2023: Learn, celebrate, share
Registration is now open for the inaugural Ohio STEM Innovation Summit, hosted by the Ohio STEM Learning Network (OSLN) on May 12, 2023.
Through the event, OSLN will recognize and celebrate the STEM educators, leaders, and partners who exemplify STEM practices that inspire students and grow Ohio’s future. The summit will bring a day of professional development breakout sessions conducted by teachers and administrators from across the state. OSLN is working to offer a slate of presentations that will enrich STEM teaching by:
- Celebrating Ohio’s dedicated educators
- Highlighting key solutions to the most pressing challenges in STEM education
- Connecting educators to each other and to key supporting organizations and resources
Topics to be covered include: STEM Culture for Learning, Engaging Underrepresented Groups in STEM, Best Practices in STEM Learning and Teaching, Computer Science and Computational Thinking, STEM Career Awareness, and Building Strong Community and Industry Partnerships.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Tickets are limited, reserve your spot today.
Hilton Columbus Downtown
402 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43215
Enter the hotel and proceed to registration on the Lower Level. Opening remarks will be held in the George Bellows Ballroom.
7:30 AM – 8:30 AM: Registration & breakfast
8:50 AM – 9:10 AM: Welcome & opening remarks
9:10 AM – 10:10 AM: Keynote address by Steve Spangler
10:10 AM – 10:45 AM: Photo op, exhibitors, & networking
10:45 AM – 11:30 AM: Breakout session 1
11:30 AM – 11:45 AM: Break
11:45 AM – 12:30 PM: Breakout session 2
12:30 PM – 1:30 PM: Lunch & remarks
1:30 PM – 1:45 PM: Break
1:45 PM – 2:30 PM: Breakout session 3
2:30 PM – 3:00 PM: Snacks, exhibits, & photo booth
3:00 PM – 3:45 PM: Breakout session 4
3:50 PM – 4:05 PM: Door prize giveaway, closing remarks, & announcements
App for the summit
Review the complete schedule, build your networking profile, and start to pick your sessions now by following the instructions below.
- Follow this link.
- Select the correct app download button for your device and download the app. In the app store, the app will be named Webex Events App (Socio).
- Open the app and enter the email address you used to register for the event, or use one of the social sign-in options. If you use social sign-in, the social account you use must match the email address you registered with.
- If you enter an email, create a password and tap Sign Up.
- Fill in your networking profile and tap Continue. Your profile information will help you connect with other people during the event!
- Now, browse for 2023 Ohio STEM Innovation Summit or use the search bar to find it. Once you’ve found it, tap on it.
Have problems signing up? Email [email protected] for help with the app.
Early bird and room block reservations will closed on April 19, 2023. The summit is currently sold out. Click below to join the waitlist and be notified if additional tickets are released.
Thanks to generous support from the State of Ohio, registration costs for in-state educators are discounted.
- Early bird:
$99, $55 (until April 19, 2023)
- Regular admission: $75
- Non-Ohio registration: $165 (No discount for early registration)
- Presenters: Accepted presenters and co-presenters will have discounted admission to the 2023 Summit.
Accepted presenters and co-presenters will have discounted admission to the 2023 Ohio STEM Innovation Summit. If you submitted a proposal for a learning session for the 2023 Summit, please wait to register.
If your session is chosen, you will receive discount codes for registration. Discount codes will only be provided for 1 lead presenter and 1 co-presenter per presentation. Discount codes are nontransferable and may not be used by anyone other than the intended recipient.
Discounted room pricing
Lodging is not included in your conference registration. The conference hotel, the Hilton Columbus, is offering discounted rates until early bird registration closes: April 19, 2023. Click here to book your room.
Payment, refunds and cancellation policy
2023 keynote topic: Best day ever
Steve Spangler is the science teacher you always wanted in school. Without warning, things would fizz, pop and explode and the next thing you know his students were chanting “Best day ever!” But something else happened… amidst all that fun, Steve discovered that his students engaged at a higher level, listened with greater intention and were eager to learn more.
During this entertaining and inspirational presentation, Steve will demonstrate how BEST DAY EVER moments are more than just a feeling or emotion. BEST DAY EVER is a powerful principle that helps educators create experiences that stimulate engagement at the highest levels and help students build connections that spark critical thinking and creativity.
You’ll leave inspired to connect differently, challenged to think differently, and committed to engage differently as you set out to create your own BEST DAY EVER™ experiences.