Southeast Ohio Hub
The Southeast Ohio STEM Hub connects educators with professional development opportunities and offers engaging experiential programming to foster and promote promising practices for STEM, STEAM, and STEMM(Medicine) across Appalachian Ohio.
The hub offers a collaborative platform for greater connectivity among STEM initiatives and partnerships to help educators and families to engage with STEM resources, experiences and opportunities. We accomplish this through the following initiatives:
- Educator Professional Development and Convenings: Training and enrichment activities for current and future educators
- STEM, STEAM and STEMM(Medicine) outreach through exhibitions, family outreach activities, and indoor and outdoor community events
- K-12 STEM learning kits, STEM online lessons, Science Fair mentorship, and STEM/STEAM/STEMM(Medicine) career exploration activities
- Build relationships with STEM/STEAM designated schools and connect with aspiring schools
- Participation in educator workshops and conferences.
- Coordinate and support networks in the region through the Appalachian STEM Collaborative
STEM/STEAM designated schools of the Southeast Ohio Hub
This hub is based in the Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Service and Ohio University Museum Complex at Ohio University, in partnership with the Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Arts and Science and Washington State Community College.