Ag Biotech Graduate Academy
06.22.2023 | 9:00 am - 06.25.2023 | 4:00 pmFree
At the GNG Ag Biotech Graduate Academy, sponsored by Corteva and the Ohio Soybean Council, you’ll advance your existing biotech skills and knowledge.
Join us for a closer look at soybean plants, insects and honey bees.
- investigate soybean characteristics
- discover soybean pests and beneficials
- experiment with soybean aphids
- evaluate different types of honey
- investigate the genetics of honey bee pathogens
- Soybean morphology: what makes soybeans unique
- Soybean insects: the entomology and phylogeny of insects
- Soybean aphids: life cycle investigation and manipulation of aphids with the potential to use in your classroom
- Host plant resistance
- Honey bee products and benefits
- Honey investigations: sensory, dilution, pollen staining
Lunch will be provided both days, as well as a hotel if needed. Speakers from Corteva and local beekeepers will attend the industry dinner held the evening of the first day; all participants are required to attend.
This workshop is sponsored by Corteva/Pioneer and the Ohio Soybean Council.
Teachers will walk away with over $300 in supplies to use in their classrooms, as well as 1.6 CEUs. Grad credit from Ashland University is available for $180 for one credit.
This workshop is designed for previous participants of Ag Biotech Academy. Any interested attendees should have some biotech background knowledge. This workshop is for Ohio teachers only.Register Now