Battelle partners with Code.org to expand access to computer science in schools across Ohio with an emphasis on increasing participation by women and underrepresented minorities. It is our joint vision that every student in every school has the opportunity to learn computer science, just like biology, chemistry or algebra. Join us:
- To learn why all Ohio students should be learning Computer Science
- To learn how to access Code.org’s high quality K-12 web-based curriculum which will forever be free to use and openly licensed under a Creative Commons license
- To experience Computer Science through hands- on experience using Code.org course materials, teaching practices, and strategies from CS Fundamentals (Gr k-5), CS Discoveries (Gr 6-10) and/or CS Principles (Gr 10-12)
- To collaborate with other administrators around equity and inclusion challenges in the field of Computer Science
- For updates on current state policies around CS education This workshop is intended for K-12 School principals, instructional leaders, curriculum specialists, CTE directors, school guidance counselors, and/or other school administrators.
Note: A free Code.org profile is required