What a day! The first ever Ohio STEM Innovation Summit was a rousing success. Hundreds of educators joined from across the state to advance opportunities for students and grow’s Ohio’s future innovative workforce.
Read on for highlights from the event, a brief survey on 2024 dates, a special video compilation, and our photo album. This first statewide summit for STEM was the culmination of a year of incredible progress for the Ohio STEM Learning Network thanks to our partners, Battelle, the Ohio Department of Education, State of Ohio, and thanks to you.
Thank you to every educator who attended the Ohio STEM Innovation Summit. We commend your unwavering commitment to STEM education and your tireless efforts in shaping the future of our students. The summit achieved resounding success because of you. Let’s continue collaborating, learning from one another, and striving for excellence in STEM education. Together, we can make a profound impact on the lives of Ohio’s students and create a brighter future for all.
Highlights from the first Ohio STEM Innovation Summit
- Tickets completely sold out before the end of early bird sales.
- 24 professional development sessions connected educators to new, classroom-tested ways to make STEM learning come alive.
- Author, television science promoter, and YouTube educator Steve Spangler wowed us with amazing science demonstrations and his idea of creating a child’s “best day ever”
- Ohio Lieutenant Governor Jon Husted shared the state’s vision for a globally competitive workforce, made possible by dedicated educators like you.
- Jessica Voltolini from the Ohio Department of Education shared the department’s support for STEM and introduced participants to Ohio’s Interim Superintendent of Public Instruction, Dr. Chis Woolard.
- We recognized Mary Beth Schram, India Wilson, Dr. Robin Fisher, and the partnership between Goodyear and National Inventors Hall of Fame STEM High School as winners of the 2023 Ohio STEM Excellence Awards.
- We celebrated the designation of three new schools: Hawkins STEMM Academy, Indian Hill Elementary School, and Indian Hill Primary School
- Our new partners, Starlab, joined the network to announce the latest Statewide Design Challenge
The 2024 Ohio STEM Innovation Summit will likely be held on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
You can relive the summit experience with this brief video reel from the summit. Watching the video, you can’t miss the joy created as Ohio’s robust STEM education community gathered together to share and learn.
Please share the video. If you spot yourself or educators from your schools in the video, please tag them and mention the network (@OSLN on Twitter or @OhioSTEM on Facebook). We’d love to put names with all these faces of teachers, principals, school leaders, and advocates.
To all the educators who have attended the summit in the past or are discovering it now, we invite you to sign up for more information and stay connected. The 2024 summit is just around the corner, and we encourage you to consider presenting at the event. Your knowledge, experiences, and innovative ideas will help shape the future of STEM education in Ohio.
Just like this year, our next event will center on Ohio’s educators and their needs. The continued support of the State of Ohio, Ohio Department of Education, Battelle and our partners will offer a foundation to create an unforgettable day.