Computer Science opens doors. Learning the basics will help students in every career—from agriculture to healthcare. Seventy-one percent (71%) of all U.S. jobs require digital skills. (Brookings Institution) High-skilled computing occupations are the fastest-growing, best-paying, and largest sector of all new wages in the U.S.
Computer Science matters even more for Ohio. According to the Computing Technology Industry Association, Ohio is ranked 13th in the country in net tech employment and 12th in net tech employment job gains. (CompTIA report) But many Ohio schools do not teach Computer Science.
Computer Science Education Week runs all this week, December 4-10, 2024. The Ohio STEM Learning Network can help teachers at any grade level and schools in every community get started with computer science.
Celebrate CSEdWeek with the Ohio STEM Learning Network
- Monday and Tuesday: OSLN & Code.org Computer Science Program Q&A
- Wednesday: Hear from Shaunta Ford, Middle School Computer Science Teacher at Berea City School District
- Shaunta will share her experience as a participant in the Computer Science Discoveries program in a new post for OSLN.org. Sign up to learn what drives her.
- Thursday: Computer Science Workshop for Middle School and High School Leaders and Counselors at Battelle’s headquarters in Columbus
- Registration closes on December 5, 2023
- School leaders and counselors: Join us to learn more and prepare your students for a bright future
How to bring computer science to your school
The Ohio STEM Learning Network offers professional development to all Ohio teachers looking to bring the critical ideas of computer science and computational thinking to their students.
Find the program for you: Computer Science.
Ready to apply? Applications will open in January. Sign up here for a personalized invitation.