With many schools returning from break, it’s time to buckle in to finish the 2018-2019 school year strong. With May just a few weeks away, here’s a quick round-up of can’t miss opportunities for STEM educators across Ohio.
- Due today: The Innovative Leaders Institute is one of the few specialized training programs where leaders of innovative schools can learn from veteran STEM principals over a year-long, customized cohort experience. Today is the final day to apply, but a few spots do remain open!
- Priority application deadline is
March 31 April 24 for the Ohio Code.org Professional Learning Program an intensive, year-long learning experience for middle and high school educators interested in teaching Code.org’s Computer Science Discoveries (middle school) or Computer Science Principles (high school) courses. Apply here or read our recent interview with Bexley teacher Patrick Cummins: Ask a teacher: How are you closing the gap in Computer Science?
- May 8: Schools participating in this year’s #STEMfeedsOhio Design Challenge will visit Battelle for the Student Solutions Showcase
- June 12-June 13: This year, we’re partnering with the STEMM Education Center at Cleveland State University to expand their successful STEM Education Conference.
- July 29-31: We are also partnering with the Ohio Ohio Association for Career Technical Education (ACTE) for their Connections to Education Conference in July. Read more about the event here and register to attend directly with ACTE.
Finally, be sure to sign up for our emails to hear about some upcoming opportunities including the return of our Ohio student essay contest, Ohio STEM Innovator Awards, and a special out of this world partnership.