The Ohio STEM Learning Network invites school administrators and staff to participate in a three-part webinar series to gain a deeper understanding of the pillars of STEM and how these strategies support all students, in all schools, and to help schools seeking STEM or STEAM designation.
Attend our web series to learn more about STEM and STEAM designation. These webinars will guide leaders to understand how STEM education transcends content areas, resulting in a shift in the way students engage in learning from kindergarten to graduation. To help us prepare for these webinars, please RSVP below.
This year’s STEM/STEAM Designation timeline:
- November 15: FY23 Application posted
- December 15: Complete this survey to inform the Ohio Department of Education and the Ohio STEM Learning Network on your intent to apply and if technical assistance will be pursued.
- January 19: Submit a rough draft of the application/portfolio to the Ohio STEM Learning Network for technical assistance. Email rough drafts to [email protected]. You will receive feedback on your draft application in time to make changes prior to the final submission to Ohio Department of Education.
- February 24: Final applications due to the Ohio Department of Education by 5 p.m.
- March-April 2022: After a preliminary review from the Ohio STEM Learning Network, site visits to selected schools will be conducted during the spring (March/April). A school may also request a site visit when submitting their application.
- April 2022: Applicants will be notified of the Ohio STEM Learning Network’s recommendation.
- May 2022: The Ohio STEM committee will vote on designated schools.
What distinguishes a STEM/STEAM school from other schools? This session will provide an overview of how culture, curriculum, and connections to the community work together to support STEM best practices for a school-wide approach.
STEM and PBL go hand-in-hand, but what does it mean to implement design thinking, problem-based learning and more? How do you create a school culture and systems to support STEM pedagogy in the classroom? STEM leaders from across Ohio will guide participants through a deep dive into PBL and demonstrate how it is used a launch pad to personalizing student learning.
How can partnerships deepen the education experience for students and the community? How do you create a strong partnership culture in your school? Participants will learn the role of partnerships in STEM from the Quality Model for STEM and STEAM schools. We will explore the nature of partnerships, provide time to brainstorm and share potential partnerships based on curriculum, events, and community needs. STEM Leaders from Ohio’s STEM designated schools will share their experiences and how community partnerships positively impact learning for all students.
Once you’ve registered, we’ll send along an invitation to this webinar series including links to each Zoom session.