Do you have a phenomenal STEM educator in your building? Is there an outstanding leader in your school or district that encourages innovation? Is your colleague leading the charge in advocating for STEM? Applications for our 2020 OSLN STEM Excellence Awards are now open!
The STEM Excellence Awards will recognize a phenomenal teacher, school or district administrator, and an outstanding advocate for STEM education. Help us find the trailblazers in your community who are expanding access to quality STEM education.
The STEM Excellence Awards recognize one awardee in each of the following areas:
- Excellence in STEM Teaching: The applicant must be an Ohio educator in a K-12 school. We are seeking teachers who demonstrate STEM-infused teaching strategies, collaboration across subject areas, classroom innovation, and positive student learning outcomes.
- Excellence in STEM Leadership: The applicant must be an Ohio school level or district level leader with a proven track-record of incorporating STEM into their school culture or developing STEM programs at the school or district level. We are seeking leaders who support and encourage teachers/schools to infuse STEM teaching strategies, classroom innovation, and positive student learning outcomes.
- Ohio STEM Advocate: The applicant must be an Ohio resident with experience advocating for STEM education through their leadership, community partnerships, and/or grassroots initiatives. We are seeking leaders who demonstrate a passion for the advancement of STEM education in Ohio that leads to positive student learning outcomes.
You can apply for yourself or nominate a peer here.
Applications are due June 1, 2020.
Detailed application PDFs
- Candace Hisey, 10th Grade Language Arts and Integrated Chemistry teacher at Bio-Med Science Academy in Rootstown, Ohio.
- Melissa Durkin, Principal of Ranger High-Tech Academy in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
- Dr. Bernetta Harrell-Snell, State Assessment & Performance Integration Specialist at the Canton City School District.
- Amanda Gillespie, 7th grade engineering teacher at STEAMM Academy at Hartford Middle School in Canton, Ohio.
- Melissa Drury, Principal at Summit Road STEM Elementary in Reynoldsburg, Ohio.
- Susan Stearns, Assistant Director of Programming and Development at Bowling Green’s Northwest Ohio Center for Excellence in STEM Education.