Battelle’s Ohio STEM Learning Network (OSLN) is now accepting applications for the second cohort of its STEM Leaders’ Academy (SLA). The SLA is designed and led by highly effective STEM leaders in Ohio and Tennessee to train new STEM leaders to work in the STEM environments with greater impact on teacher practices and student achievement.
We’re now accepting applications from two-person teams to join the 2014 cohort of STEM leaders. Teams must consist of:
- the principal or assistant principal at a school; and
- another building-level school leader
The four day intensive SLA is scheduled for May 1-2, 2014 in Columbus, Ohio and June 24-25, 2014 in Dayton, Ohio. Follow-up sessions will be scheduled throughout the remainder of the 2014-2015 school year. The SLA is an interactive series of workshops designed to:
- Develop leaders’ concept of leadership in a STEM school;
- Enhance leaders’ capacity to promote STEM instructional practices across the curriculum;
- Strengthen leaders’ capacity to improve staff effectiveness, learning and teaching in a STEM school; and
- Prepare leaders’ with the procedures and policies of opening a STEM school.
We’re giving additional consideration to teams from schools that meet any of the following criteria: The school has endorsed STEM as a strategy or been identified by the state as persistently-lowest achieving (PLA) or received School Improvement Grant (SIG) funds. However, all interested teams should complete this brief application form. Applications are due by March 3, 2014.
For more information, contact Dr. Stephanie Johnson at [email protected]