- This event has passed.
Connecting AI, Automation, and Ag in the Science Classroom
12.6.2023 | 4:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
**a webinar for STEM teachers on how tech is solving wicked problems in agriculture—and how your students can apply this to their learning**
From drones to self-driving tractors, tech is transforming agriculture. This matters to teachers preparing students for career readiness, since the agriculture industry provides over 10%* of U.S. jobs.
This webinar, featuring Dr. Scott Shearer of The Ohio State University, will give teachers of science, computer science, engineering and technology up-to-date information that will connect your curriculum to how researchers are using technology to confront the wicked problems facing agriculture today.
Dr. Shearer, a precision agriculture expert, will join GrowNextGen education specialist Jane Hunt to help teachers learn:
- What challenges face agriculture professionals?
- How are the latest developments in AI and automation solving the major challenges in ag?
- How does technology affect the jobs available for students preparing to join the workforce?
- How might degrees in computer science, data analysis, artificial intelligence, and automation be students’ opening to a career in ag?
Can’t make it on Dec. 6? Register to receive the recording so you don’t miss the pro tips.
This GrowNextGen event and its included resources are offered at no cost to teachers thanks to The Ohio Soybean Council.
* USDA Economic Research Service, Ag and Food Sectors and the Economy