Bioproducts in the Classroom
04.20.2024 | 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
How can we make sustainable plastics from plants?
Engage your students in the science of polymers, environmental systems, and engineering by leading them in producing bioproducts.
Teachers of chemistry, biology, environmental science, and/or engineering: register for our Bioproducts in the Classroom workshop!
Sign up to:
- Make plant-based plastics
- Test tensile strength & durability of bioplastics
- Connect with Ohio agriculture industry professionals
- Know that soy can be used to make bioproducts from artificial turf to plastics to beauty products
- Understand that bioproducts can substitute for petrochemical ingredients and biodegrade or be compostable
- Be able to lead lessons in their classroom that include creating and testing bioproducts
Learn from experienced educators Alex Henz and Rachel Sanders, enjoy lunch with industry professionals, and take home free classroom supplies, all for free!
GrowNextGen connects students to real-world science and careers in modern agriculture through the generous support of the Ohio Soybean Council and Ohio soybean farmers.Register Now