Join a four-week summer institute at the PAST Innovation Lab in Additive Manufacturing!
June 4 – 29, 2018
• Participate in interactive problem solving
• Jump start a 2-year Associate degree now
• Learn about high growth and rewarding careers in Additive Manufacturing
• Visit leading industry partners in Additive Manufacturing
• Start down the path to new career opportunities
WHAT IS ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING?
Additive Manufacturing (AM) is a process of making three-dimensional solid objects from a digital model. AM uses additive processes that print successive layers of material to create different shapes. With the help of industry groups like the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), students are finding opportunities to develop skills needed to transition from high school to college to AM careers.
• Students entering 11th, 12th grades or graduating seniors interested in an manufacturing career pathways
• Students interested in hands-on manufacturing careers with immediate opportunities
• Earn a SME accredited professional certification in Additive Manufacturing
• Explore careers in manufacturing and engineering technology while developing skills that help you in college and on the job.
Frequently Asked Questions:
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY? Students entering 11th, 12th grades or
graduating seniors are eligible to apply.
HOW DO I APPLY? Visit www.3dtoprint.org and click ‘Apply.’ The deadline for applications is March 9, 2018.
HOW IS THIS A PATHWAY TO COLLEGE? Communicate with your
guidance counselor regarding registering for College Credit Plus courses that summer institute prepares you to take in the manufacturing pathways.
WHAT IS THE COST? Selected students will receive a scholarship for the summer institute tuition as well as materials. Scholarships are limited to 24 students. Students are asked to bring a lunch and provide transportation to and from the PAST Innovation Lab (1003 Kinnear Rd., Columbus, Ohio 43212).
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING? Visit the Society of Manufacturing Engineers
(www.sme.org) or America Makes – National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute (www.americamakes.us).
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE FOUR-WEEK INSTITUTE?
Students completing the summer institute are eligible to test for the SME Additive Manufacturing Fundamentals Certificate. In addition, students that register for Fall 2018 College Credit Plus courses at Columbus Community College will be on track for a 2-year Associate degree in areas related to advanced manufacturing.