Sam Stier, Director of the Center for Learning with Nature, will teach you how to use his award-winning Engineering Inspired by Nature curriculum.
After the workshop, you and your students can:
- Use scanning electron micrographs to understand the internal architecture and performance of materials;
- explore materials science and structural engineering through the example of schoolyard trees;
- redesign common objects to optimize material use, based on how bones grow;
- make cement in a process inspired by coral reefs, without quarries and greenhouse gases;
- and design and construct a solar cell inspired by leaves.
Read more at: http://hawken.edu/biomimicry2017