Calling all member schools, join us in July! We cordially invite STEM advocates from across the state to join us from July 23rd to 25th as we convene with members of the Ohio Association of Career and Technical Education. Whether you are a teacher, administrator or other STEM expert, this conference will have something for you.
Career-tech education and STEM education share much in common. In both types of schools, you can walk in and see students learning by doing. Furthermore, both schools are “non-selective.” This means they do not turn away students based on past grades or test scores.
Our network even includes a school that is a member of both the STEM network and the Ohio Association of Career and Technical Education: STEM Academy of Lawrence County at Collins Career-Technical Center (Read our recent interview with center director Andrea Zaph here: https://osln.org/2017/09/new-industry-recognized-credentials-available-for-high-school-students/)
Throughout the conference, OSLN will provide:
- At least seven sessions on STEM education. Topics include:
- Teacher training on computer science
- Building a strong STEM culture
- Finding cost-effective STEM opportunities
- Wide-ranging keynotes from top innovators working at the intersection of STEM and career tech
- Awards to STEM schools, including the top winning schools competing the MakerMinded competition (https://oh.makerminded.com)
- Detailed briefing for OSLN members on the network’s top priorities for the next school year
- Networking opportunities to share solutions with other STEM schools and career-tech centers
From this page, you can get your school’s code for a discounted registration, request information as vendor, or recommend a presenter we should consider.
|Register to attend
|Nominate a presenter
Registration and costs
Registration for the conference is open now and is expected to sell out so don’t wait!
Four staff from OSLN member schools will be eligible for a 50% discount on the registration price. To request your school’s discount, please complete the following form.
If all the discounts for your school have been requested, please register directly through the Ohio Association for Career and Technical Education here.
Vendors and exhibitors
For the first time, we will be accepting booth proposals from STEM education providers to present to STEM schools and member of the Ohio ACTE. Booths are currently available for $695. To request a call about booth options, please complete this short form.
STEM sessions during the conference
We’re developing the program now. Can you recommend a presenter or do you have vital information to share with other STEM schools? Nominate them here.